Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ingird Michaelson

So instead of staying at OU for Halloween this year, I decided to go home to see Ingrid Michaelson and then the play Franklyn Stein's Project at CSU. It was the right choice in my opinion. I had a wonderful time. I saw Ingrid by myself at the Beachland Ballroom. It was so much fun. I made friends with the two girls in front of me while we waited for like 20 minutes in the cold for the doors to open. The opening act, Matthew Perryman Jones, was amazing. And then came Ingrid and her adorable band. They were all in quickly thrown together costumes that they bought at the vintage shop below the Ballroom. She was a cowgirl. She is amazing live, and a very funny person. She threw out candy, made several sexual jokes, and was just simply wonderful. Then my mom was kind enough to drive me to CSU for the midnight showing of Franklyn Stein's Project. I was supposed to see it with Ben and Kristen, but Ben forgot to inform me that he decided to work on Saturday night. So I reserved four tickets and only used one (thank goodness I didn't have to pay for them all). The play was fantastic. It was dark, dramatic, frantic, frightening, and comically gory, perfect for midnight on Halloween. It was student writ and directed perfectly if I may say so. I absolutely enjoyed it. Afterward, I got to see my friend Chad who made the air cannons that blew up the frog and shot guts and gore everywhere. Then my mom picked me up, I ate some candy, and then fell asleep. I hope your adorably awkward handshake was a sign that we're friends again.

No comments: