Friday, July 4, 2008

Connecticut, Day 3

Thursday's post.  Dictated but not read.  Written and posted on Friday.  

For a vacation, I really didn't do much yesterday.  Sarah, my cousin, left for a friends which she will be staying at until after I leave.  Jackie plays lacrosse so she works out, but she is also helping out at this cooking school for underprivileged children, so she not home for most of the day.  So I was stuck with a bunch of older people, no offense to my relatives, but I'd rather be around people close to my age.  But my aunts and mother wanted to go shopping, so I, hoping for a good photo opportunity, tagged along.  Unfortunately there were no good photo opportunities and we went into all these women stores.  But I made the most of it.  We stopped in Pottery Barn first, which a quaint store.  I looked at their selection of frames for my prints.  They had frames with mattes in them, but I wanted to find ones that I could fit my mattes in.  They did not have 11x14 mattes, but I did have a nice conversation with the girl who works there.  She measured the frames for me and told me about her friend who was into photography.  She said her friend was going to take a year off of university to travel around the world and take photos.  We then went into a bunch of uninteresting stores and finally came to this independently owned store called Life Is Good.  It was a nice little store with positive messages on the shirts.  Unfortunately they did not have men's size small and their mediums were to long, so I couldn't get a nice shirt.  Then we went into this store where this lady put this stuff on my hands that made them really oily and took away my natural softness.  It was this natural store for body products.  It smelled really strong in there.  Oh I almost forgot about the cute little British family at GAP Kids.  The boy and two girls all had blue suckers so their mouths turned blue and the youngest was this cute little girl with blonde curls.  Then we went to eat at this little cafe, but I saw a Lucky Brand Jeans store, so I wanted to look there.  They were really expensive, but we found a discount pair that were 62% off.  It was really nice because they would normally be a hundred some dollars, but they ended up at thirty-six dollars.  Then we ate at the Katzberg Kafe.  It was quite nice.  The cashier was, I think, a woman with a really deep voice, so my mother and my aunts were discussing after we left if she was a man or woman.  I forgot to check if she had an Adam's apple or not.  Of course, as we were walking back to the car, my Aunt Deni took us by the Starbucks to see if anyone wanted some so she would feel thirsty for coffee.  The Nesi family is know far and wide for their Starbucks obsession.  It is said that the Fairfield Starbucks was built just for them.  Then we returned home and I finished the Magician's Nephew, which I had read once before but wanted to refresh my memory.  When were leaving for dinner, Jackie returned home but was going to go out to a party at a friend's house.  I was going to ask if I could tag along, but I didn't want to invite myself to a stranger's party filled with strangers, so I went with the rest of the family to Vino...On the Boardwalk, a quaint, family style, Italian restaurant.  It was pretty good.  Then we went to dairy queen afterwards and returned home, where I relaxed and then retired early only to find History of the World on AMC and Tomb Raider on TBS.  That kept me up till around twelve when I finally decided to turn off the TV because I couldn't watch it in a comfortable position.

No comments: