Saturday, March 7, 2009

Harry Potter Weekend #8,362

The title might be a little facetious, but it feels like ABC Family has a Harry Potter weekend every month. In fact, I'm pretty sure they do, not that I'm complaining. I love the movies, even though I purport hatred of all those past the second. The first two are my favourite, the Sorcerer's Stone more so, but I do enjoy the other three. I hate that they blatantly disregard things from the books, but I enjoy their visual imagining of the books. I know the first two don't follow the books perfectly, but that is expected of book-based movies. It's just that the 3rd, 4th and 5th movies change the entire storyline, remove characters, ignore Wizarding Law (mainly the beginning of the 3rd movie where Harry is trying to read under his covers using a flickering (??!?!?) lumos spell), create plotholes that aren't in the book, and forget about key plot points from the books. Nevertheless, I continue to watch them. It's kind of like watching a car crash, horrible to watch, but you can't look away. But I'm excited for the 6th movie. The 11-year-old Voldemort actor is perfectly chillingly evil-looking.

No comments: