Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wonderful Weather

It's beautiful down here in Athens! Yesterday was such a nice day. After Japanese class, I went to the Starving Artist's Lunch hosted by We Love Vegan Cooking. It was on College Green, and boy was it delicious. It was this delicious rice mix and salad. They also made vegan brownies, and since it was so warm out, the chocolate was all nice and melty. Since I started going to the Vegan Cooking Workshop, I've been eating a lot more salad. Vegans just know how to make a flavorful salad I guess. So I ate and talked with my friends in the shade of the trees. Then I noticed two puppies lying in the grass not far from where I was. I love animals, so I went over to pet them. Apparently they were rescued, and they were free to anyone who could give them a good home. They were brothers, River and Cole. They were a Pit bull-Lab mix. River was brown with a Lab nose, while Cole was black with a Pit bull nose. They both had a patch of white on their head and stomach. They were so mellow. It was sad to see these two puppies so dispirited. When they were first rescued by this girl's mom, they shied away from human touch. Eventually they got used to it, but they still were very dispirited. So when I met them, they were lying in the grass just letting people pet them. I sat for an hour and petted them. It was very nice. Eventually River started to perk up and run around, which was wonderful to see. He wagged his tail and wandered around to other people. Cole didn't perk up until their foster father came. I was glad to see that they weren't completely broken. I hope they find a wonderful home together because it would be terrible if they were broken up since they are so close.

No comments: