Thursday, January 15, 2009

Smiles and Social Experiments

Today I was walking down Morton hill to my room, and as usual I like to look around at my fellow walkers. Today was a little different though. I was feeling very good, and was therefore smiling. When my eyes connected with this one girl's, she smiled back. That made me feel wonderful. I had recently posted a Facebook status saying how I wanted to spread my smile because the other walkers looked so grumpy. Today it happened, and it stayed with me for the rest of the day. I began to think about other things I could do to make people smile. I thought about saying hello to everyone I pass by tomorrow. I also thought about singing songs from the Sound of Music. So tomorrow I am going to say hello to everyone I come across. On a side note, I have decided to start Neverwhere this weekend, and then, upon finishing, read Ender's Game. Stay tuned for more glimpses into the strange yet awesome world my mind came from!

No comments: