Thursday, December 24, 2009

Fresh Air

Since I can't fall asleep, I've decided to catch up on the large amount of Fresh Air podcasts that I haven't had a chance to listen to. I've fallen in love with NPR. I love getting the 7am News podcast. I listened to it every morning, if it downloaded like it was supposed to, while walking to class along with the Story of the Day podcast which picks the most interesting story from all the NPR news programs. I also listen to Fresh Air. Terry Gross is just a genius interviewer. I also love All Songs Considered and it's partner podcast, the Tiny Desk Concert series. It's introduced me to some great music. NPR just seems to match my personality. It is also the only broadcast news I can listen to. I hate broadcast news. They rarely do any actual journalism and just beat pointless things to death because they're what get the ratings. It's sad. But let's not harp on the horrendous shape of the media. Instead let's talk about how much I love This American Life! It's the only public radio show not distributed by NPR that I listen to. I'm not much of a fan of Prairie Home Companion. I just find it boring. But This American Life is just wonderful. I've actually been contemplating approaching ACRN down at OU to think about a show called This Athens Life. If that doesn't work out, I'll try and get involved in a music radio show so I can start getting better acquainted with music.

No comments: