Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Jiminy Controversy, Batman!

So I wrote a column for Column Writing about hipsters and how they are invading Athens and OU mainly just for fun because I wanted to write something about hipsters, especially since people compare me to one constantly. So Ryan needed a Between the Lines to fill space on the Editorial Page, and he asked me if I could let him run one of assignments from Column Writing. It was between the Quidditch one and the Hipster one, but I decided on the Hipster column because I didn't see any good reason to run a random column about Quidditch and how it's spreading to college campuses. Yesterday, the Web page of my column received 35 comments in one day, and 1447 views. People searched for me on Google and found good 'ol Life of John Nero. My column has inspired some interesting responses. A good number of people cannot seem to understand the joke that is my column. Look the display image on this blog! It screams hipster. Well, I'm going to head back to bed as moving makes me extremely nauseous.

Read the crazy comments here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People don't understand the joke because it was poorly written. And Quidditch would have been more interesting than bland generalizations pointedly directed at your peers.

EmperorNero said...

Well, seeing as I got an A on the assignment, I don't see how it could be considered poorly written.