Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cautionary Tale

Never go out and drink after a week of coughing. Otherwise, you'll lose your voice and sleep for most of the following day. At least that's what happened with me. I'm not the brightest bulb in the bin, but I'm one of the brighter ones. But sometimes, the power just goes out up there in that factory called my brain. Despite my coughing since Tuesday morning, I decided it would be a great idea to go out and finish my 1.5 liter bottle of wine. What a terrible idea. Well, at first it was a wonderful idea. I had fun, got a little drunk (nothing like last week, phew), and then got a piece of pizza before retiring to my room. Alas, when I awoke this morning, my wine-related dehydration had robbed me of my voice. The worst part was that I had slept for only a few hours before waking up prior to my 8 a.m. alarm. I downed some water, turned on an episode of Buffy, and flopped back into bed. I next awoke shortly before 3 p.m., watched a few more episodes of Buffy, and then once again collapsed in bed for a few hours. Now, I've got some Tostitos, queso dip, and some Snapples to tide me over during my Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 2 Recovery Marathon. There's also a good chance I'll watch some movies. So what's the moral of the story? Drink when you're sick so you have an excuse to be a hermit the next day.

No comments: