Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another Meeting

Sadly, on Sunday we did not roleplay. Instead we played minigames galore. Even worse, this upcoming Sunday is the last meeting before Tom goes off to college, and I'm pretty sure others are already going to be leaving before then. I'm really going to miss those weekly meetings. They started in fifth grade with just Peter, Bob, and I. Tom was our DM, and I think the only minigame we really played was Munchkin. As time progressed, Tom's brothers joined us in our second campaign. Bob tried to DM, Peter tried to start a LOTR roleplaying game, and we attempted Ironclaw, Call of Cuthulu, Modern D20, and Munchkin D&D. I had some fun times in that house. I remember beating each other with foam weaponry when we were in fifth grade, playing Heroscape in Tom's room, building Playmobil castles. I remember when the Hubbards and Steve starting coming and we had an awesome D&D campaign, and then an awesome GURPS campaign, and then a fun Star Wars mini campaign. Then Peter brought Alex, and Peter faded away. Then Bob faded away after Angela starting coming every once in awhile. Then Joe started coming, Angela would rarely come, and Bob started showing up. I remember Rachel's, Evan's, Andrew's, and my attempts to DM. I remember Steve's short WoW and Star Wars campaigns that had really no structure, and Alex's failed Modern D20 campaign. It's been such a big part of my life, and the only time I really ever saw most of those people, I don't know what I'm going to do without it. I at least have the next meeting to say goodbye to those who will be there.

No comments: