Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Second and Third Floor

I woke up Saturday expecting to do nothing, but to my pleasant surpirse found a message from Tom on my phone. He said that there was a meeting that night in addition to Sunday's. I was so happy. I arrived to find Steve, Evan, and Joe. Before we started roleplaying, we played this game called Airships where you try and build airships or the Hindenburg. It's really simple. After Evan won, we started on the second floor. The first thing of interest was we saw someone running down a hallway. Then we heard a clanging noise in the distance. Steve and I went to inspect the running figure, while Evan and Joe went towards the clanging noise. Steve and I discovered my brother Archer, and I ran into the room to hug him after I thought he accidently set off a fireball. He was able to avoid my hug and then cast Greater Invisibility. Disappointed that I didn't get the heartfelt reunion I wanted, I sulked to the next room where Steve was. A little ball was following me, and I tried to kick it out of the room, but it exploded when I kicked it. Luckily I rolled a natural twenty on my reflex save, so I somehow avoided the explosion that was right in my face. We reunited with Evan and Joe who had found Sarah, my brother's lover. Then Archer, under the safety of invisibility, began attacking us. We fought him until Sarah feinted him and then stabbed him, hitting his spine and killing him. I freaked out, knowing that if that was really Sarah she wouldn't attack Archer, and attaked the fake Sarah. It turned out to be Drak disguised as Sarah. Drak told us that wasn't really Archer, well it was, but he was brought back by Sarim, after dying in the mountain collapse, to do her bidding. I took out my emotions, destroying a nearby lounge room, and we continued to the clanging sound. We arrived on a balcony, only to be attacked by Hangmen. After we defeated them, the zombies that Evan had discovered after he broke through the ceiling started falling to the ground. We didn't know what they were doing, so we moved on to the now empty third floor. Unfortunately, the zombies formed a giant zombie ball and started firing zombies through the third floor's wall. We fended them off as we tried to get into the door that looked oddly like Tommy's mouth. Steve and Evan got in on their own, but I had to throw Joe in and then tumble through the zombies and then jump into the mouth. And that was it for the encounter. We finished the meeting by playing more minigames. It was a fun night.

No comments: