Monday, August 11, 2008

Update

I apologize to my readers who haven't been filled in on my daily goings on for almost a week now. We are going to start with Wednesday the 6th. On Tuesday I wanted to go to the Art Museum and the Cleveland Institute of Art to see their galleries. Unfortunately I don't know anything about buses so I missed the bus I needed to take by getting on the circular. So on Wednesday I asked my stepdad to drive me to University Circle and he did. It was a beautiful day. I visited the Jerry Uelsmann and Maggie Taylor exhibit. They both do photomontage, but Jerry doesn't use digital he uses film. Jerry Uelsmann has some beautiful photos that I love, even if I wish he had excluded certain parts, but I don't think he is that amazing. I applaud him for the stunning technique he developed for classic photographers and his surreal impossibilities, but a lot of his work seems the same to me. He often uses the same scenes, just putting different things in them, and often just sticks things in that seem to unbalance the photo or drawn attention away from the main subject, or not fit in at all. My friends may love him, but I find him unique but unimpressive. Maggie Taylor is okay. She scans tin types and makes surreal digital montages. Before going into the museum I walk around Wade Park, the beautiful little area in front fo the museum. It was very relaxing and serene and I wanted to just sit there and sleep. After that, I went into the Art Museum and ate lunch. I had delicious chicken noodle soup and a green tea. Yes Anna, I talked about soup. Then I explored the beautiful collections located at the museum. I found I really like well done religious or mythological paintings. I learned I like Poussin, and someone named Winslow Homer who I have heard of before but I don't remember where. I finished at the art museum and then did actually try to fall asleep on the grass in Wade Park. I didn't, but I did read the Plain Dealer at the Case library. After that I tried to reach my stepdad to get home, but I couldn't get a hold of him, so I decided I'd walk to Coventry and eat at Tommy's while I waited for my mom to come get me. And that was Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Glad to hear you had a positive soup experience!