Friday, June 20, 2008

Woops!

Totally forgot to post something yesterday. Just a few days in, and I'm already falling behind. Well, yesterday I went to my friend Tom's house for a action packed D&D game. It was intense. the encounter started with my party at the entrance to some important mountain on a mysterious island that Rachel's character comes from. Before we do anything, Steve notices one of my favorite NPCs, Sara. Steve, being his normal jerk self, threw a rock at her. Luckily she was no longer pregnant. We found out she was pregnant with my character's, Aileen, brother's love child. Then the nyth, these floating, buzzing balls of energy that fire magic missiles and multiply if they absorb enough fire damage. We defeated them and then entered the mountain. We came into a long hallway filled with dead soldiers of the Planar Alliance (the previous good guys). Then Steve, once again, does something stupid and upon finding an odd ball on a spring, sets off the trap reviving all the dead soldiers. That wasn't fun dealing with.

After we re-killed all the soldiers, we continued further into the dungeon, where we came across a molten lake. In the center was a unstable lava rock formation that we could use to get to the opening on the other side. Steve went first, almost tripping and falling into the lava but was saved by Joe the bard who cast feather fall on him, got past the elder fire elementals, but was attacked by the invisible spear men. My friends tried to Dimension Door over to where Steve was to help him, but the spell fizzled as there was a Dimensional Anchor spell in place. But luckily, my monk Aileen has the move Abundant Step which is a supernatural ability which behaves like Dimension Door, but cannot be stopped by Dimensional Anchor. So through clever wording, I transported myself and some of my party members over to aid Steve. We eventually defeated the enemies and continued down the hall into a forge. It was filled with weapons, and a strangely glowing anvil. When we approached the anvil a ghost arose out of it. It turned out to be Rachel's character's, Dark, creator (shes the D&D equivalent of a robot). He upgraded some of our stuff from beyond the grave and unlocked the full powers of Shallus Dei, this creepy deformed girl we found a long time ago who embodies the power of chaos and turns out is the heir of Nom (the island we were on). Then he made Steve a key to Steve's father's castle, which is inhabited by Nightwalkers and controlled by Sarim - a paladin from my character's backstory who supposedly died but then we saw alive, and has the artifact of chaos.

After a short Christmas, we continued deeper into the mountain and came to the epic battle. Archer (Aileen's, my character, brother) and his opportunist companion Drak were fighting Shiz the people eating archon (angel), Tommy the giant undead thing that has a huge mouth, and Sarim the supposed paladin who doesn't seem to be working for good anymore. On top of that was Daragon, an elder red dragon from the previous campaign that knew Aileen's and Archer's father (my character Fade from Tom's previous campaign). The non-dragon parties were fighting each other in order to stop the other from getting the object Daragon was protecting in his claw. My party quickly joined my brother's side, even though he was working against us earlier in the campaign, and through a long action packed battle, were able to take down Shiz and Tommy (the dragon finished him even though I did all the damage). Sarim got away and Shallus Dei followed, and angry at her escape, Daragon massively damaged everyone left in the room. In his anger, Daragon killed Sara which made both my character and her brother extremely upset. Aileen was brought to tears, but Archer, being a high powered mage, used a wish spell to collapse the mountain on top of him and Daragon. So at the end I lost both my brother and future sister-in-law.

I returned home after a sad D&D meeting, to in turn write a meeting for my other group which I DM for. I wrote until Kenny came to pick me up, but then had to wait with Kenny until my stepdad came back. Then we played at Justin's house where I taunted Simone, Jared, Ben, and Justin with clever puzzles that took them a while to get. We ate pizza that took an hour and a half to get there and then concluded the meeting. That was my D&D filled Thursday.

No comments: