Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Holiday Season

I would like to wish all my readers a very Merry Winter Solstice. Today we celebrate the shortest day, meaning the day with the least amount of daylight. In honour of the official start of winter, I will be sacrificing a goat on this cool rock in the forest behind Squire's Castle. For those of you who would like to still celebrate a holiday with me but would rather not get goat blood on their holiday clothes, tomorrow is also the first day of Hanukkah. I was unable to get a Menorah, so if anyone has one I could borrow, I would greatly appreciate it. I have wanted to celebrate a different holiday since about 7th grade. Christmas isn't what it used to be. It's not about gifts, it's about being with my family. For the past couple of years or so that we have held Christmas dinner at our house, I remember happily helping my family setting the table, cleaning, and other things. What I don't remember is getting respect back. My mother complains that I keep a list because I complain when I have done more than my fair share. All throughout the week, I will do everything my parents ask me too even if I shouldn't have to without complaint. Once every week or every other week, I will kindly ask them to ask my brother. Unfortunately, I am usually responded to negatively and told I don't do anything, or my brother has a job and I don't and should therefore do more. I don't mean to complain, I just want the respect I deserve. But I digress. I wish all my readers a joyful winter holiday season.

No comments: