Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year in My View

We laughed, we cried, we sang, and we died; but most of all, we made it through another year. Congratulations! It's been an interesting one for me though. I played a lusty priest in The Importance of Being Earnest, and snagged the role of a brother in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (ugh). I survived my AP Spanish exam none-the-wiser (I got a 2). I read wonderful books in my AP English class, and performed a scene from Oedipus Rex, ending with a rap. I graduated from high school. I went to Bonnaroo with three close friends. I started this blog. I saw many indie films at Cedar Lee on many a Monday night. I got high on my birthday (never going to happen again). I danced my socks off. I watched friends leave for college. I left for college. I spent my first quarter in college. I joined The Post and Fridays Live, I saw Ben Folds twice. I read more good books. I thought more pensive thoughts. I saw plays, and lost my Rocky Horror virginity. I became addicted to Tazo Green Tea. I took Japanese. I made friends as I watched others fade away. I thought about relationships. I thought about love. I thought about people. I thought about everything. I thought about you and him, him and me, me and you (just being poetic). I forgot about the past, brushed aside the future, and focused on the present. I photographed the world around me. But most importantly, I smiled and tried to pass on my joy to others. Happy 100th post, and a bon voyage into the new year. Happy New Years Eve!

No comments: