Monday, December 29, 2008

The Sound of Music

I watched The Sound of Music for the first time straight through yesterday. It was a nice end to a not great day. I slept for the most part of the day because I didn't feel so hot. Now, I've seen bits and pieces of the movie, but I have been meaning for the longest time to see it from the beginning. Usually when I see it is on, I've already missed a good chunk of it. But today, I came home from eating out with my mom and sisters to find the living room TV on. It was on ABC and a show had just finished. The speakers announced, to my delight, that The Sound of Music was next. How happy I was. I watched in my room, singing along to the parts I knew and learning the ones I didn't. It was wonderful. It so sad that Julie Andrews lost the power in her voice because of her cancer.

No comments: