Monday, September 7, 2009

A Poetic Post

Father's day is when we met.
It's been a wild ride since then.
And if your mind is set,
I shall say farewell when
I've decided myself to let
You go...
We watched guys bust ghosts,
And laughed at boys getting lost.
We both played the hosts.
But I'll pay the painful cost
For getting involved the most.
You know...
You made my birthday wonderful.
You even drove me to the moon.
I saw plays at your school.
But sadly the end came too soon.
Yet I continued to play the fool.
I go...
You rubbed my legs and held my hands
While I held your paper heart.
We kissed goodnight on the lands
In front of the end and start.
I dreamed of laying on the sands.
I know...
We held each other oh so close.
I felt safe in your embrace.
But moving on is what we chose.
I'll miss your beautiful face,
More beautiful than a rose.
We go...
Your eyes so bright and green;
Your lips so sweet to the kiss;
Your hands rough and mean.
All of these I shall miss,
And your wet hair's sheen.
We know...
It will be hard for awhile
To move on and stay friends.
But even if separated by a mile
Or more, this is not the end.
Strong feelings don't go out of style.

No comments: