Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of Class

For my first day of class at the prestigious Ohio University I awoke at 6:30 am. Well, I can't really say I awoke because I never actually fell asleep. I couldn't sleep, yet today I was pretty awake. My first class was Calculus II at 8:00 am, so after taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I set out for Morton hall which is not to far from my dorm of Ewing. After Calculus, I ate breakfast with Justin at Nelson and then retired to my room for a short nap, which I only fell asleep for a short time. After my nap, if one could call it that, Justin, David, and I set out for Jefferson for lunch because Nelson was packed. I had a delicious vegetarian soup, a surprise since my soup experiences at OU so far have been lackluster (but what can you expect from a cafeteria), and then we took a nice walk before dispersing for our separate agendas. I was off to Japanese 111 at Gordy Hall. It was an interesting first day as we dived directly into learning and speaking it. I have to be able to write in Japanese characters in a week, which doesn't seem to be that hard. Japanese only has 47 letters (more like characters because they are a combination of each consonant and each vowel). After a fun Japanese class, I stopped back at my room to grab some stuff and then set out for Bentley. My next class is called Current World Problems, and for fall quarter it is dealing with global warming/climate change, one of my hot button issues. Luckily the class doesn't look like it's going to shove the Gospel of Gore down my throat. Instead, it seems it will deal with all perspectives about the debate/so-called consensus. She let us out early, I ate dinner with Justin at Nelson, and then we retired to my room. That was all for today, but tomorrow is going to be packed as I have four classes and six hours of class. My weeks may get even more hectic as I plan to double major with journalism and photojournalism.

No comments: