Wednesday, September 17, 2008

No Day Like Today

For today I bring you fantastic adventures to far and different worlds. First was the world of the thrift store. I went into the jungle that is donated retail items and attempted to capture the American cheapskates in their natural habitat. Carefully prowling through the bags, hats, and racks upon racks of clothes, I captured photographic proof that this rare creature is in fact not extinct. In fact they are alive and well, shopping smart. After that fun trip with Anna, she made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and we walked to the Post together. Then I returned to my room to look at my photos and add captions. After that I went to Current World Problems, which was a little boring today. It didn't really have to do with global warming, more with the politics of dealing with it. My photo staff meeting was moved to 6:30, so I went to that but there weren't many assignments. Since we finished before seven, I put my photos on the server and decided I go to that drugee meeting that Justin kept talking about. Boy am I glad I went to that instead of this photojournalism lecture (which would have be more beneficial but I was living life). It was mainly people who smoked pot. There were several people there who were high as kites. The best part was that we had to introduce ourselves and then say something funny. I said, "I'm John, and I have transcended space and time, oh and my best friend is Jesus." The whole room laughed and this one guy who was high was like, "What?" It was great. Then I went with Justin to his heretics meeting. As I listened to the blasphemers speak about how they commit crimes agaisnt God and humanity by liking the same sex, dressing as the opposite sex, or wanting to be the opposite sex, I realized that there is nothing wrong with these people. Now I had always known, but it was fun making anti-gay comments to Justin under my breath. He thought it was funny. The best part were all the intolerance stories. I know that sounds mean, but they all found them funny, maybe not when it happened, but now it's laughable. They had funny stories of grandmas accusing them of being a lesbian (well she was another straight person like me). They also had stories about parents who tried to hook them up with the opposite sex even though they were definitely gay. It's funnier if you were there (as is everything).

No comments: