Friday, September 12, 2008

The Horror

I committed an egregious crime yesterday. I missed Calculus. I woke up at 6:30 as usual, but decided to lay down for just a little longer, but next thing I know, it's 8:30 and class is already half over. So I returned to sleeping, waking around noon to go to eat and then going to Japanese. Japanese was fun because we watched this really old video about Japan. Then we practiced for the test on the 19th and we were done. I returned to my room only to remember the Fridays Live meeting (thanks to David). After the meeting, I spent some time with David. I can't wait to get involved in Fridays Live. The people involved seem really cool, funny, and nice. I can say this with confidence that they are because I went to a party with Anna and David for Fridays Live yesterday. It was fun. Anna spilled strawberry Arbor Mist on this girl named Kristen (the cup just split), David played beer pong terribly, and I got to laugh at it all. I did not get drunk, nor did I drink. I didn't even take a sip of the Arbor Mist (strawberry flavored things are usually nasty). After a fun party, we stopped at Goodfella's Pizza. It was delicious. Then I watched "The Forbidden Kingdom" with Justin. It was a terribly cheesy movie. Oh, and I almost forgot, none of my modmates really talk to me. They never seem to be around, and when they are their door is closed (mine is almost always open). But yesterday, while I was listening to Dear and the Headlights, scenster kid, Simon, asked what I was listening to. I told him and then his friends noticed my Ben Folds painting (by Mike Taylor). They thought I did it, but I took no credit for Mike's talent, but I did show them my photos, which they really liked. They really liked the silhouette of David on the rocks and didn't think it was too dark. They thought it was perfectly printed and perfectly captured the mood. They understand art (cough, photo class, cough (just kidding)).

2 comments:

a little heirloom. said...

i'm glad things are going well down at OU! i can't wait to visit and see ben on the walls! (i'm catching up on some reading, so i might be commenting a few more of your posts...haha)

-simone.

Anonymous said...

john love, if those modmates can't see you for the awesome person you are; screw them

literary.
have lots and lots of sex with them

that'll change their minds.