Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Connecticut, Day 2

Today, what a day.  Well I woke up at five something, and I was wide awake.  I was able to fall back asleep until six something, and then until 7:20.  I set the alarm for 7:30, but I just said close enough, turned off the alarm, and took the best shower ever.  The water was the perfect temperature, and my bedroom was connected right to the bathroom, so I could strip in the room and walk to the shower.  Then I had a slice of delicious banana bread for breakfast, another one of my food weaknesses.  Then I went on the Nesi boat, which doesn't have a name yet but my aunt wants to name it Sandy Cheeks.  It was wonderful and very calming, plus I got some shots on my Canon Rebel Ti.  I have so much film I will have to develop.  I'm going to try and save it until I'm at OU and become good friends with the Photo teacher.  We rode on the boat for a few hours, even though it only seemed like a short time.  Then we had lunch from the Firehouse Deli and I got a vegetarian wrap.  It's weird.  I prefer vegetarian choices, except for meat substitutes, but I don't think I could ever become a true vegetarian because I love soup and most of it is made with meat broth of some kind.  Then we just relaxed, and during that time I was able to finish The Pearl, by John Steinbeck.  It was a wonderful read, and short.  It has cancelled out my hatred of Steinbeck, which I received after not reading Of Mice and Men.  It took me an hour to read the first chapter of the latter book.  It was so dry, boring, and not able to hold my attention (the only book that has ever failed to do so), so I read the last chapter and Spark Noted the body of the book.  I think I did terrible on the test too.  Anyways, then Sarah got me addicted to this game called Text Twist.  You get six letters, and then you have to arrange them in at least one six letter combination that makes a word to move on to the next level, but you can gain more points by figuring out all the three, four, and five letter words you can make.  It is really addicting, and I find I miss some of the more common words.  Then we ate hamburgers (or hot dogs, but I hate hot dogs) for dinner.  Then I continued to play Text Twist thanks to the burst of energy from my Starbucks White Mocha.  Then I did yesterday's post, and now I'm sitting in my cousin's awesome kitchen island writing this one.  And now, since I'm done with this post, I'm going to play some more Text Twist.

No comments: