Sunday, July 27, 2008

Nick's Graduation Party

My day started around eleven. It was a beautiful Saturday, and I only had one thing on my mind, my good friend Nick's graduation party. Since my family was gone, leaving me with the house, I decided to walk to David's beach club where the party was being held. I saw a man ahead of me who either didn't know how to walk or was already drunk at four. After he vanished and I came upon 216th, I saw Mike Taylor. We were heading to the same place, so, as common courtesy dictates, we walked together. When we were almost there, Kenny pulled up and parked on the street. He walked with us until he realized he could have parked in the little area for parking. He asked me to move his car with him, so I agreed because I'm nice and I found it funny. Then the fun began as we arrived at the party. I ate, chatted with people I hadn't seen in awhile, and enjoyed the beautiful scene of the beach and the calming sound of the waves. I finally met Emily Proctor's Jewish boyfriend, Cory. David was grumpy because he hadn't eaten. Simone got tarot cards from Garth, Sarah Proctor's father. I learned that you're not allowed to buy your first set of tarot cards, someone has to give them to you, but I don't believe in bad or good luck, just bad or good coincidences. Then Sarah, Simone, and I went to the little playground near the party. We swung on the swings while the guys played frisbee, and then I pushed Sarah in one of the baby swings. Then I was attacked by Ben, Kenny, Justin, and sort of Dan. Then Ben, Justin, and I continued to swing while the rest of them went back to the party. We returned and more people started showing up. Everyone watched the slide show, made of course by David, and the Proctor sisters cried because they grew up with Nick. Simone almost started crying (she's really emotional, sorry Simone). I went on a walk with Sarah and Simone and discussed Kenny's past relationships. As the night grew old, people left for other obligations, some people came, and I sat and enjoyed the company of them all. When the party was finally over, I helped clean up, and decided to walk back home, but decided against it when David gave me one last chance for a ride home. That was an odd ride home. David and Anna kept talking about how they couldn't wait to party with me and get me drunk at OU. I just humored them. I also learned that David spiked drinks once. The things you learn about people. I'll just have to get a new drink everytime I put mine down. It's funny how naive I am. I like to have innocent views of people, until they prove themselves guilty to me, revealing, sometimes unsettling, things I didn't know or would never suspect them of doing. Well, I'm in for one eye opening time at OU, I gather, not that it's a bad thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - that was not how the story went, edit this post. That was one incident.

Anna said...

Hey!
I am a nice person! And we will have lots of good clean fun at OU.No on eis going to make you do anything you don't want to do. We were just being silly. Sorry if you felt uncomfortable.
See you soon.

EmperorNero said...

I know you're a nice person, and I know no one is going to make me do anything I don't want to do. Lighten up Anna, I'm just having a little fun.