Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Day Late

Okay, this is yesterday's post.  I was a little busy being glad that I was no longer in a car, so I was unable to locate a computer to update my readers (if I have any).  So yesterday, my mother, my two sisters, and I all got in the car at 7:30, and off we went on our journey to Connecticut.  To make sure we got there, we had an atlas of the states (complete with every important city, exit, and highway) and TomTom GPS device.  We took 271 South to Youngstown and then got on 80 East for the majority of the drive.  I 80 is huge.  It goes through Ohio, all the way through Pennsylvania, and then about halfway through New Jersey is when we got on to 287 North.  Then we followed that until it joined with 86 East, and then took 95 North until we reached Fairfield, CT.  My mom was freaking out because we didn't have my Aunt Deni's new address, but I tried to assuage her paranoia with the fact that I knew, thanks to my visual memory, exactly how to get to her house once we got off the highway.  She didn't trust me, as usual, so I had to search for my aunt's house phone number because she wasn't answering her cell.  Now, I hate talking on the phone unless absolutely necessary.  I never no what to say, and I always feel a little awkward.  We hit a little traffic near the end of our drive, but for the most part it was smooth sailing.  Everyone was surprised at what great time we made.  We arrived at 5:45 and made ourselves at home, myself especially seeing as I love the Nesi house.  It is right on the sound and you can see Long Island from their backyard.  It's a beautiful house with so many rooms, and plenty of bathrooms.  I took the best shower of my life today.  But back to yesterday.  We ate homemade turkey tacos for dinner, and then had cheesecake for dessert (my top two secret food obsessions).  It was wonderful.  Then I went to bed at 11:00.  I was exhausted and didn't even stay up to watch Adult Swim like I usually do.

No comments: