Monday, July 7, 2008

Connecticut, Day 5 and Day 6/The Return

Okay, I'm sorry that I haven't posted, but now that I have a readily accessible computer I will be posting as usual. Now this post is for Saturday, July 5th, and Sunday, July 6th. First I will start with Saturday. Saturday was my last actual day in Connecticut, so I was hoping to go into the city with my cousin Jackie and my cousin Andrew. Unfortunately, Jackie went to a friend's the night before and slept over, plus it was in NYC. She came home late morning, and everyone else went to see WALL-E, while Jackie and I stayed home. She took a nap because she was up late partying, and I blogged for Friday and watched Wimbledon. I saw Venus beat her sister. It was really intense. It was a pretty chill day with nothing exciting happening until the evening. My cousin Jackie found out about the movie Young@Heart and wanted to go see it at 8:00pm. She invited her friend Katherine Sinacore, who is hilarious. Last year when I visited Connecticut, I went to a Harry Potter release party at Barnes and Noble with Jackie, Sarah, and several of Jackie's friends. Katherine was one of them, and she was involved in some hilarious antics concerning He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. We ate dinner at 7:30pm and Andrew was getting a little anxious because he wanted to see the previews. Katherine arrived, after being mauled by a biker, in a dazed state. Poor Katherine. We hopped in the car, took a few wrong streets, but ended up in good spot to find parking, and then subsequently had trouble finding a parking spot. We made into the theater, bought our tickets, and then almost walked away without them, but Katherine was there to save the day. We rushed into the theater just in time for the movie to start. It was a charming documentary about a senior citizen choir in North Hampton, MA called Young@Heart. It followed them for seven weeks as they prepared for their new tour, Alive and Well. It was a rollercoaster of emotions, from hilarious and happy moments, to sad and disheartening ones. Like the narrator said, I felt like I had gained 24 extra grandparents (now 21). It was very touching, and though some of them were tone deaf and had trouble remembering the words, it all came out fantastically. Their opening show was sold out, but was unfortunately marred by the loss of one of their best performers. They lost two performers during the making of the documentary, and one more after the documentary was filmed. It was a touching movie with a wonderful message about living life to the fullest even if it is trying to keep you down.

Sunday/yesterday we had bagels from a Jewish bakery my Aunt Deni and Uncle Victor really like, and then left for the long drive home. I listened to Vampire Weekend, Ingrid Michaelson, Tegan and Sara, Ben Kweller, and The Blow. I found I really like Vampire Weekend. We got home after six, I ate, and then left for a meeting at Tom's. Unfortunately, we did not roleplay, so I did not get to find out the climactic conclusion to the campaign. He said he'd try to write something and have a meeting during the week. I hope he does because I want to finish this before I have to go off to college.

That was my vacation. Hopefully I will get to visit NYC with my friends before the summer ends.

No comments: