Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pioneers and Avatars


Alright, now this is for today. Yesterday was unimportant and the only thing worth mentioning is that I have the house to myself for the weekend. My family left for a wedding in Nebraska, that I wasn't invited to. Anyways, so today, I woke up at nine and Kayla picked me up at 10:30 to go to Pioneer Waterland. Now, I don't know how to swim, and am afraid of going underwater. I've tried to learn how to swim, but I always end up freaking out because I feel like I am going to go under. But I love Pioneer Waterland, mainly the lazy river. We picked up Nick and drove down Route 6 until we saw the sign for the park. We got in free because it was Kayla's dad's company picnic. We ate a lot of food, and then left for watery fun. We started on the lazy river, and had fun messing with each other. We went twice before losing Kayla to the short path, then we got out. We went to the water slides, and Kayla and Nick were going to race on the big, blue, twisty slides, and I went in the Black Hole, my first water slide ever, and only water slide ever. I went to Pioneer Waterland when I went to Euclid Parks and Recreations Summer Camp; that is when I first swallowed my fear of water, and went on the Black Hole. It still scares me. I had trouble getting out of the gate as I was filled with water, but luckily Nick and Kayla were there to direct me out of the gate (plus I couldn't see because my glasses were by our stuff). Then we decided to take a short break back at camp after Nick and Kayla went on the speed slides and we played terribly at putt putt. I stopped to use the bathroom and when I came out they were gone, but I eventually found them in the pool. They tried to teach me to swim, but it didn't help, and Kayla accidentally flipped me underwater and I swallowed some water. After they were done traumatizing me, we went back to the picnic area and ate some more. We then went paddle boating where we bumped into some little girls on purpose and made fun of the mean lifeguard lady. She was getting really impatient because we were having trouble getting in the dock, and I told Kayla she was really mean, and Kayla was like, "You're gonna make him cry!" to her. It was funny. We went back on the lazy river again, then on the slides some more, and then ended on the go kart track. The first race sucked because my car stalled. The second race was awesome because I passed everyone up. I was a speed demon. Plus I was lucky I didn't spinout at all. I kept coming close during the really tight turns, but I was able to maneuver well. We returned to camp/picnic, ate some cake and ice cream, and returned home. I instantly turned the TV on and started watching my recording of the series/season finale of Avatar the Last Airbender, the best show ever! It was fantastic, I was on the edge the entire time. I almost consumed the blanket I was using as a pillow. I cried a few times when I thought things were going bad, but they ended it perfectly. But they also had some loose ends, leaving some suspicion for a fourth season, or for what the live action movie is going to be about. I really hope M. Night Twistalawn (obviously not his real name, but I love the episode where Robot Chicken makes fun of him) doesn't completely ruin it. Darn this is going to be posted after today has ended. Curse my need to write down all my thoughts!!!

No comments: