Monday, July 14, 2008

Warning! Criminal Activity! Warning!

Alright, now I am going to fill you in completely on what transpired yesterday, my 18th birthday. I started the day by waking up at 12:00pm. I got ready for my birthday bash on Coventry Rd, texted everyone to remind them, and waited for their arrival. Everyone arrived pretty much on time, except for Kayla who had to get her oil changed and it took longer than she thought, and we left for Coventry. Kayla almost went the wrong way, but luckily Justin was looking out for her. We ate at Tommy's and then we went to the Grog Shop for the Hush Sound concert. First, the Morning Light played, and they were okay. Then Steel Train played, and they were awesome. Then the Cab played, and they were terrible. While they were playing, this really gay guy was talking with Kristen and Kayla about how the Cab sucked and the Hush Sound was the s#*t. It was really funny, but awkward for Kayla and Kristen. Then the Hush Sound played, and they were awesome. They covered Back in the USSR and sang songs from all three of their albums. When they were done, Nick and I stayed back while everyone kept walking out the door. Once again, Nick and I won because the Hush Sound came back for an encore of two more songs. Luckily everyone else got back in to hear and see the last two songs. It was awesome. After the concert was over, we drove to Justin's house to pick up some supplies for a fire, but when we got to Jared's beach club, the waves were really rough and there was no place to make a fire, so we went to Justin's house. Now, Kenny has been trying for ever to have me smoke weed with him, and I promised him I would do it on my birthday. Well, yesterday was the day and I was ready to try it. I took three hits from what is called a bowl, and didn't feel high. It was strange, I felt like I was acting high, but I really was. It started out okay. I was really quiet and wasn't laughing at things I normally would laugh at. Jared was high also, and when Jared is high, he acts really strange and laughs for no reason. Now when Jared would laugh for no reason, it would get me started and I would laugh. I didn't want to take anymore hits, and every time Kenny would stick in front of me I didn't know what was going on, it was weird. Then somehow, I finally took a fourth hit, and everything just went downhill from there. First, my legs kept flinching and I felt really cold. Then my head kept twitching from side to side. It was freaking me out, because I couldn't stop it. When I would try, I would feel like I was grating my neck. It wasn't fun. Then Ben, who doesn't smoke, started chasing Jared, which wasn't helping my head twitching because I kept turning back and forth towards any noise. Then Jared fell, so Nick, who doesn't smoke either, went over and told Jared he was Jesus and Jared was freaking out. Then it got worse for me. Jared sat down next to me and then started touching me. It was freaking me out and I was trying to get away from him, but I felt like I couldn't get out of my chair which freaked me out even more. Then I saw Nick out of the corner of my eye unzip his pants and come towards me, and I lost it because I thought he was going to rape me. Then Jared and Nick were on opposite sides of me and I was losing it, so everyone else was telling them to stop, but I was still freaking out, so Nick started cussing me out to try and calm me down, but my head just kept twitching. I started to cry because I wanted it to stop but it wouldn't. Nick got me to calm down for a short time by telling me to take deep breaths, but it didn't work for long. Then everything got better. Jared was moved to keep him away from me, and Nick sat down next to me and talked and played guitar. For some reason my mind calmed anytime he sang. If he stopped or made a mistake, I would start twitching again. If everyone else was louder than him, I would start twitching again. All I wanted was for Nick to sing and everyone else to shut up. When I would try to sing it sounded terrible, and I knew it but there was nothing I could do. Then when Justin's dad came out with Linus, I was finally calm. It was a terrible experience, and I'm pretty sure I would be really messed up if Nick wasn't there. The combination of Nick singing and petting Linus at the end of it all was what brought me out of that horrible experience. I don't know how Kenny and Justin can enjoy it. I guess everyone must experience it differently, but I am definitely not smoking marijuana again, in any way, shape, or form. After my rough patch, I went to Kenny's house to spend the night. We were supposed to go to the recording studio for Happy Kodiak, but things didn't go as planned, so I got dropped off at home and crashed on my couch for four hours.

No comments: